Sunday, October 27

Baby Shower: The Sequel.

Personally, I don't think that party Goodie bags should be reserved for kids birthdays and celebrity events, they are a nice way of saying 'Thank you for coming' to your guests. Saying that, I find generic plastic party bags quite impersonal- They are filled with sweets and plastic novelties that will end up on a Bring and Buy table within the month. So the bags that I put together for my friend, Sabrina's (purple) Baby Shower were personalised and filled with grown-up, girly goodies that I hope the guests appreciated. 
The plain fabric bags were from The Clever Baggers - I then modified them with each guest's initial on stitched felt hearts.

I hand-stitched some pretty Lavender sachets and popped a pair in each bag.
I used the sweetest tiny wooden pegs (customised with washi tape) to attach a tag.

Each bag had two little favor bags: A purple one with some yummy toffee bon bons and a white one with an eclair & some little gifts from Not on the High Street

Each badge had the individual's initial on and all the teeny animal rubbers were different.

I decided to take the ridiculously sized stash of button bags that I have tucked away and use them for good... So each guest got a mini 'D.I.Y Bling' set which consisted of a selection of beads and some thread to make their own bracelets with.
They also got a 'Stress Relief prescription'. Bubble wrap in bags with a prescription-type label- A clever idea that I kept seeing 'popping up' (sorry) on Pinterest and had to try.

I printed off some free printable recipe cards on cream and lilac card and put a handful in each bag.
(I got these quirky designs from Volume 25 The Blog and they are awesome!)

Lastly, I also bought some extra bits to top up the bags so as well as the above homemade stuff, everyone got a floral headband, some refreshing face masks, a L'occitane hair mask (samples that I blagged off the shop lady), some bubbles, a yummy Miss Sporty lip balm and some extra girly Cath Kidston tissues...

I finished the bags off with a Thank You note made from ribbon and paint sampler cards (and a slice of cake on the day!)


I hope that everyone who came liked their Goodie bags- I know the guest of honour now has a lavender scented knicker drawer!


No comments:

Post a Comment