Thursday, October 31

Best Chocolate Frosting EVER!

I recently discovered the most delicious recipe for Chocolate Buttercream. It's so versatile- I've used it to layer sandwich cakes, to frost cupcakes... I even turned it into a fudgey cake topping* by refrigerating it for a few days!
It's made with quality chocolate rather than just cocoa powder and it is all the better for it.
I don't remember where I got the recipe from, I scribbled it down a long time ago but I do know it's definitely the easiest frosting I've ever made and is so yummy...



(This tops and fills an 8" sandwich cake or frosts .... cupcakes)

50g dark chocolate (with over 70% cocoa content)
100g butter
200g icing sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
A little milk to loosen


Melt chocolate in bowl over water and then allow to cool until the chocolate no longer feels hot to the touch.
Beat butter in a bowl until a soft then beat in the icing sugar. Add in vanilla and beat again.
Fold in melted chocolate, adding a little milk if mixture is too stiff.



* To use as cake 'topping', place in a tub in the fridge for 24 hours, then take out for an hour to soften. Use electric whisk to soften further.



No comments:

Post a Comment