Saturday, November 9

Brilliant Baker's Twine

So my new favourite craft material is Baker's Twine (a little late to that party I know), you can do so many different things it. I get mine from a great local shop called Berylune- They sell it loads of lovely colours by the metre or in big, hunky 90m rolls. So having collected half the rainbow for a few projects (mainly Christmas Tree Decorations), I'm now looking for exciting ways to use this glorious stuff!
Here's the best 10 I've found on the web...Okay, Pinterest.



1. A funky way to do Gift Wrapping
(Featured on  The Twinery, which has loads of other ideas and sells some amazing colours of Twine)
Brown parcel paper is simple and chic and will definitely be my wrap of choice for birthdays next year and what better to dress it up than adding as many colours of Baker's Twine as you feel like. Go with reds and pinks for a valentines suprise or add blues and greens on a gift for the man in your life...or go the whole hog with a rainbow of colours like the exciting looking present above.

2. Unusual Greeting Cards
(From Kristina Werner DesignHomespun with Heart and PaperCrafter's Corner.)
There are some amazing cards out there made with Baker's Twine, these are just a few...I'm not sure I could manage them to this standard but I'd certainly like to have a go.

3. A Killer Wreath
(By She Makes Pillows)
Wrapping Twine around a ring to make a stylish wreath looks easy and effective and the one above is made even more swish with the pretty felt flowers. I've also seen creations where crafters have wrapped twine or wool around decopatch letters, wine bottles (to make vases) and trinket boxes.

4. Some special Gift Tags

Make a present for a loved one extra special by adding a beautiful homemade tag. These ones are absolutely amazing- I'm not sure my chubby fingers could use twine so expertly...

5. Stamping
(Creativebug offer workshops for many types of craft!)
Who would have thought that Baker's Twine would make such an effective stamp? Simple to make, stylish result. On the to-do list.

5. Homemade Pom Poms
(Shared at Bump Smitten)
Sweet little Pom Poms that could embellish just about anything! Enough said.

6. Pretty Easter Eggs
(Tutorial by Landee)
I love Easter but haven't really celebrated it since I was a little girl. Once my daughter is old enough, we will definitely be having some springtime fun and these colourful Easter eggs would be great for an egg hunt with clues attached! Alternatively, they'd make a great centerpiece for any Easter party or meal.

7. Baker's Twine Jewelry
(By Kerstie Pederson)
 This cute necklace is simple, bold and stylish and would go with any outfit.  You could also use the same method to make earrings, bracelets, keyrings, bag-charms... The possibilities are endless!

8. Binding
(Tutorial from In My Blue Room)
This great tutorial shows you how to use twine to bind 'mini coaster books' by hand. You could use this technique to make little notebooks, mini scrapbooks... I will definitely be using it in the neart future to make small photo-books which make great gifts for family and friends.

9. Spool Push Pins
(Repinned via Kim Hanou)
These are so adorable, I need them in my life! A great way to 'pretty-up' your pin board or a cute gift for that craft-loving friend!

10. Partyware/Homeware
(Seen at The Little Things)
A really easy way to dress up vases, glasses, cups and bottles to fit your colour scheme. Wrap orange twine around a glass vase filled with similar coloured flowers for a bold Autumn centrepiece or pink around mini milk bottles for cute drinks at a little girls party... So versatile it hurts.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment