Tuesday, November 25

Christmas Decorations - Part One

It’s nearly time to decorate the house for Christmas (Our family has a rule about waiting until it’s at least December) and I can’t wait. I have made a few bits already  though so I thought I’d share them.
Star Garland
Granted these strings of twinkly gold stars would have been a lot easier to make using a sewing machine but when I recently tried to face my machine-fear, the pedal filled my living room with smoke clouds- so the bravery will have to wait until I've bought a new one.  Instead, once I’d punch lots (and I mean LOTS) of stars out of some shiny gold card, I stabbed two holes in each the stars then thread some cotton through, entering and exiting from the front. I fixed the stars about 5cm apart with a tiny piece of tape over the thread at the back. To avoid tangles, I wound the garland around a piece of card as I went long. *You can buy the star punch here*

Colourful Tree Garland
I actually started this last year but it went on the back burner when I signed up to do that Craft fair, so this year I picked up where I left off and managed to finish it. Each Felt tree has two layers: The front piece is embroidered with white stars and the back piece is sewn on with blanket stitch, then attached to a length of Baker’s Twine, leaving about 25cm between each tree.


It looks kind of bare at the moment but there is lots to do . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment