Tuesday, November 25

My Christmas Wishlist

When I was younger, one of the best parts of Christmas used to be making a list to give to Santa, even when I knew some things were a little beyond his capabilities. Looking through the Argos catalogue or becoming transfixed at every Toys R Us advert that came on (Geoffrey I love you). It was the wishing part of Christmas. . . if a little materialistic. And for the most part I was a very lucky girl - especially the year that my letter to Santa read 'I don't mind what I get, I will like it whatever it is' because I'd sussed that the more gracious I was, the more Santa would reward me . . .So devious
Now that I'm an adult, the fun of the wishlist has evaporated and been replaced with the startling realisation that by next year Hayden will be making wishes of her own and I will have the high pressured task of making them come true. Terrifying,
So before that happens, I want to make one last list of my own for Santa (some things are more 'plausible' than others). . .
[Source]
These amazingly cute Emoji stamps are from A Beautiful Mess' new range, as are the beautifully coloured inks. Want. Muchly. (Visit their shop here)
[Source]
These Porcelain Teapot Hanging Vases (from Sparks Living on Not on the High Street) can be used for flowers or whatever you like and the spouts make handy hooks. They would be a quirky touch to a room. My room. I wnt them in my room. I have a space picked out and everything . . .
[Source]
I've developed a bit of a 'thing' for  Ed Sheeran recently . . .Not in like a stalker way, in a healthy-want to listen to his music a lot and maybe have the odd lingering thought about what an amazing guy he is- kind of way. Anyway, I had the last album (which has been replayed frequently of the late) so I would love this one. Sidenote: Have you seen the video to 'Thinking Out Loud'? Hot . . .
[Source]
I recently saw this Compartes Chocolate bars featured on Oh Joy and I'm obsessed with the idea of getting to try some. They come in so many tempting flavours and thanks to the eye-catching wrappers, they are as exciting on the outside as they re on the inside. Unfortunately for me, Compartes is based far away in the U S of A and the cost of getting some over (directly to my belly) makes tasting bars like 'Cereal Bowl', 'Donuts and Coffee' and ''Love Potion' just a pipe dream. Still if you are in the LA area . . .(They do very pretty truffles too!)
[Source]
Books. Lots of books. There's quite a few creative books that I would love to have on my shelf, from home decor to crafty stuff, that will (hopefully) fuel my imagination. They are Happy Handmade Home  by Elsie Larson & Emma Chapman (the girls behind ABM - Their first book would also be great, thanks), Playful  by Merrilee Liddiard, Bright Bazaar by Will Taylor, Find & Keep  by Beci Orpin, Creative Family Home by Ashlyn Gibson and Decorate with Flowers by Holly Becker & Leslie Shewring.
[Source]
This might look like regular wrapping paper that happens to have some beautiful illustrations on but in fact, it's so much more. It's Plantable wrapping paper. Basically, once you've opened a gift wrapped in this genius stuff, instead of chucking the paper out, you can plant it to grow 'things like flowers, veg and herbs'. I love creative ways to give gifts and this is definitely that. There's nine designs so far- you get them Eden's Paper at Not on the High Street
[Source]
This Pom Pom wreath from Sainsbury's Christmas range would go perfectly with my Festive decorations - the colours are perfect. I would buy it myself but I can't really justify the expense when I've still got Hayden's presents to fork out for. If you're a bit more flush, you can get it here or in stores
[Source]
Speaking of Christmas decorations, I'd love one or two of these Christmas Tree Jars from Henry's Future on Not on the High Street. You can fill them with sweets, flowers or decorations, they'd make amazing centerpieces . . .
[Source]
I really need some new kitchen scales, preferably ones with multiple unit options (I use recipes with all different units of measure and it would save time not having to convert recipes constantly).  As much as I love the look of retro style scales like this Wesco one, it would probably be a lot more practical to have a digital one like the above one from Exit Interiors because I could be more precise with measurements.
[Source]
I adore the look of the chic and unusual jewelry from Schlomit Ofir and this 'Artic Necklace' is one of my favourite pieces (I also love this one).
[Source]
I am dying to binge-watch American Horror Story. I haven't had the pleasure of seeing any of it yet so the Season 1-3 boxset is pretty much top of my list - along with Seasons 7 and 8 on Supernatural (So many attractive men on screen) It would be good to have some exciting new stuff to watch on frosty January nights . . .
[Source]
I always like giving a new craft a go and stamp carving has been on my lists of new things to try for quite a while. It would be great to have the tools to create any stamp I like and a kit would be a good way to 'dip my toes in the water'. This one is from Yellow Owl Workshop which is US based (although they do ship internationally) but I'm sure there are similar kit in the UK if you wanted easier access.
[Source]
Last year's booty slippers have been worn to death and are not long for this world so I really need some new ones to keep my toes toasty. Accessorize have some  really pretty styles this winter like this Bright Heart Fairisle pair. Umm, snuggly. . .
[Source]
I like square photos. I like that they are even and uniform, you don't have worry about a random portrait photo making your landscape album look awkward. I don't, however, like how how hard it it is to find square slip in albums. Most photo printing services now offer square prints, so it would be nice if simple square albums with wallets (without having to faff about with photo corners or sticky cellophane sheets) were widely available. Luckily, I found these cute 4x4 abums at A Beautiful Mess (Their shop really is so good) and you can even get extra photo sleeves for them.
[Source]
When we went on a mini break to Devon recently, I tried this Portlebay Popcorn which was sold in the local Tesco. Bacon and maple syrup popcorn? Yes please. It was amazing. Only they don't sell it in my local Tesco so that's a real bummer. If anyone wants to drive down to Devon and get me some that would be great . . .
[Source]
This knitted geometric beauty by Sarah Elwick is supposed to be a baby blanket. I don't think so. It is way to pretty for Hayden to wee all over (She seems to be doing that a lot lately), I want it draped over something in my living room . . . Can someone make a matching fabric please so I can have cushions too?

I'd also really appreciate an actual oven, some curtains for my living room and a wad of cash so my own Christmas giving doesn't bankrupt me - Thanks Santa x











No comments:

Post a Comment