Monday, February 2

Biscoff Hot Chocolate

Biscoff Spread (or Caramelised Biscuit Spread as it's sometimes known) is one of my favourite food inventions and I'm obviously not the only one - it's already so much easier to get hold of in the UK than it was last Summer when I came across it
This thick, hot chocolate was an experiment but it was such hit, especially with my friend Natalie - who now only hangs out with me in the hope I make her one- that I had to make it again! It's a super simple recipe that makes a special treat for those with a sweet tooth, in this frosty weather...
(Makes 2  fair-sized mugs)
550ml milk
57g chocolate (chopped)
2 (heaped) tablespoons of biscoff
1 (heaped) tablespoon of nutella
2 tablespooms Whipped cream (optional)
Chocolate shavings (optional)
Crumbled Lotus biscuits (optional)

Pour milk into a saucepan and put over a low heat.
As the milk starts to heat up, add the chocolate and stir in
Add the Biscoff and Nutella and continue to mix on the heat
Stir mixture until its smooth, taking care to not let it boil.
One the hot chocolate is smooth, remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly for a few minutes
Top with a spoonful of whipped cream (or Fluff, which is also amazing!) and some chocolate shavings and biscuit crumb
Guess Natalie will have to think of a new reason to be my friend now that she can make this herself...
x

No comments:

Post a Comment