Tuesday, February 3

Tip Shop Sugar Pot...

You may remember that last week, my Mom and I visited the Tip Shop to grab some random bits and bobs to 'do up'. This plain white sugar pot (at least I think that's what it's supposed to be for) was the first thing that I picked. It has some faint marks on the outside that have since proved impossible to remove but apart from that, it's in pretty good condition
I recently bought some Sharpie Paint Pens (which are way more exciting than 'regular' Sharpies) so I decided to give them a go on this project...
They were pretty easy and mess-free to use, they dried fairly quickly and they gave a bold look. The only downside was when I baked the painted sugar pot (as per every tutorial on the internet that I've seen, or this one) to make it safe to wash, the colours faded quite a bit- especially the pink. So as I'm only going to use the pot for decorative purposes, I put a second layer on the design to brighten it up and just let that air dry. I don't know what this would mean for washing it, the paint pens are air-dry and water 'resistant' so who knows.
(FYI, I also painted a design on  mug with the black paint pen and that came out well after baking...)
If you look closely you can see where I've re-layered the pen and the marks the pot came with  but I'm quite happy with it! It is destined for my Kitchen shelves but until I put them all up, it has found a temporary home in my Living room next to one of the new prints I bought and some other special things...

No comments:

Post a Comment